"B" DIVISION SUPPLEMENTARY CUP
The Supplementary Cup had its origins in the Southern League "B" Division of the Second World War Years. It was originally organised to provide extra games at the end of the 32 game league programme. The competition attracted healthy crowds and so was continued after the war.
With Queen's in the "A" Division immediately after the war, we didn't enter the competition until season 1948/49 where we were immediately knocked out by Kilmarnock.
In 1949/50 Queen's were drawn against St Johnstone but scratched before the game took place due to Amateur International commitments, but that season had seen the competition organised by the clubs themselves rather than the league, and lack of suitable dates and waning of interest saw the competition abandoned.
However, season 1951/52 saw the tournament resurrected, where this time Queen's were knocked out by Hamilton after a replay. This proved to be the final outing for the competition.